Saturday 15 May 1965
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jeff Rochlin in Brooklyn and Dan Stryzinski.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter by Herman's Hermits.
In UK Ticket To Ride by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Pawnbroker, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching M: Monitor.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1965!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1965 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Jeff Rochlin in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Cutting Class, Splitz, Taps).
- Dan Stryzinski: NFL punter (Atlanta Falcons).
- Glen Hnatiuk in Selkirk: Manitoba, Canada; Nike golfer (1992 Mississippi Gulf).
- Andre Abujamra: Brazilian film score composer.
- Rai: Brazilian footballer.
- Raí : Brazilian soccer player, one of the top players in his country. A handsome man, he does some modeling.
- André Abujamra: Brazilian singer-songwriter guitarist and actor (Karnak)
- Adrian Schoevers: Dutch director (Schoevers Institution), dies.
- Igor Vodic beats Mad Dog Vachon in Omaha, to become NWA champ
- 91st Preakness: Ron Turcotte aboard Tom Rolfe wins in 1:56.2.
- Canadian Football Players Association organizes.
- US President Lyndon Johnson announces the start of resumed silver dollar production.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 May 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Count Me In
- The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
- The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
- Herman's Hermits - Silhouettes
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- Petula Clark - I Know A Place
- Marvin Gaye - I'll Be Doggone
- The Righteous Brothers - Just Once In My Life
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?