Monday 15 May 1967
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Omar Vizquel in Caracas and John Smoltz in Detroit.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Groovin' by The Young Rascals.
In UK Silence Is Golden by The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
For a Few Dollars More, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Liebesgeschichten.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1967!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1967 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Omar Vizquel in Caracas: Venezuela; shortstop (Seattle Mariners, Cleveland Indians).
- John Smoltz in Detroit: Michigan, USA; pitcher (Atlanta Braves, 1996 Cy Young).
- Madhuri Dixit: Indian actress.
- Laura Hillenbrand: American journalist and author.
- John Smoltz: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- Orlando Zapata: Cuban plumber and activist (d. 2010)
- Jo Ann Prentice wins LPGA Dallas Civitan Golf Open.
- Paul McCartney meets his future wife Linda Eastman.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- The Supremes - The Happening
- Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
- Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid
- Aretha Franklin - Respect
- The Happenings - I Got Rhythm
- Engelbert Humperdinck - Release Me (And Let Me Love Again)
- Peaches and Herb - Close Your Eyes
- The Buckinghams - Don't You Care
- The Dave Clark Five - You Got What It Takes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?