Saturday 15 May 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Joy To The World by Three Dog Night.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Escape from the Planet of the Apes, directed by Don Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1971!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1971 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Karin Lušnic: Slovenian tennis player.
- Sarah Hadland: TV Actress.
- Phil Pfister: American weightlifter and strongman.
- Scott Shipley: Bremerton, Washington -- Slalom single kayak (1996 Olympics - 6th Place).
- Tyrone Guthrie: British director, producer, and writer (Born 1900).
- 70, Girls, 70 closes at Broadhurst Theater NYC after 35 performances
- 97th Preakness: Gustavo Avila aboard Canonero II wins in 1:54.
- Efraim Elrom, Israeli ambassador to Turkey, is kidnapped he is found killed in Istanbul May 25.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Bread - If
- Neil Diamond - I Am.. I Said
- Lobo - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- The Bells - Stay Awhile
- Daddy Dewdrop - Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?