Wednesday 15 May 1985
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds.
In UK 19 by Paul Hardcastle was in the top 5 hits.
Brewster's Millions, directed by Walter Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Thinner by Richard Bachman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1985!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1985 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Tania Cagnotto: Italian member of a noted family, the daughter of the diver Georgio Cagnotto.
- Ashlynn Yennie: Movie Actress.
- Derek Hough: American dancer and choreographer.
- Cristiane : Brazilian footballer.
- Justine Robbeson: South African javelin thrower.
- Jackie Curtis: American drag performer, Warholian superstar, actor, playwright, poet, and cabaret singer.
- Everton wins 25th Europe Cup II at Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- An explosive device sent by the Unabomber injures John Hauser at University of California in Berkeley.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- USA for Africa - We Are The World
- Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
- Wham! - Everything She Wants (Remix)
- Madonna - Crazy For You
- Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
- Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F
- DeBarge - Rhythm Of The Night
- Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok
- Sade - Smooth Operator
- The Power Station - Some Like It Hot
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?