Friday 15 May 1987
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ersan Ilyasova and Andy Murray.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to With Or Without You by U2.
In UK Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship was in the top 5 hits.
Beverly Hills Cop II, directed by Tony Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Fine Things by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vreme za pat.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Guerrilla War or I, Ball.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1987.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1987!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1987 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Ersan Ilyasova: Turkish basketball player.
- Andy Murray: Scottish professional tennis player, ranked No.
- Brian Dozier: Baseball Player.
- Doruk Çetin: Turkish actor director and producer.
- Kévin Constant: French-Guinean footballer.
- Mark Fayne: American ice hockey player
- Ersan İlyasova: Turkish basketball player
- Leonardo Mayer: Argentinian tennis player
- Jennylyn Mercado: Filipino singer-songwriter and actress
- Michael Brantley: American baseball player
- David Adams: American baseball player
- 1st Energiya Launch (USSR)
- Record archery score for a pair over 24 hours, is set.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- U2 - With Or Without You
- Jody Watley - Looking For A New Love
- Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms
- Madonna - La Isla Bonita
- Chris DeBurgh - The Lady In Red
- Bryan Adams - Heat Of The Night
- Fleetwood Mac - Big Love
- Kim Wilde - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Poison - Talk Dirty To Me
- Atlantic Starr - Always
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?