Monday 15 May 2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to SOS by Rihanna.
In UK Crazy by Gnarls Barkley was in the top 5 hits.
The Da Vinci Code, directed by Ron Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ask a Bag Pirate: The Series.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing C-evo or The Da Vinci Code.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 2006!
Which were the important events of 15 May 2006 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 May
- United States President George W. Bush gives a speech proposing major immigration reform in the United States. (Washington Post)
- Mount Merapi erupts, according to the national Indonesian news agency. (CNA)
- The United States State Department announces it will re-establish diplomatic ties with Libya and remove it from its list of states that sponsor terrorism. (CNN)
- Giorgio Napolitano is sworn in as President of the Italian Republic, following his election held on May 10. (BBC)
- Makoto Koga, a political faction leader within the Liberal Democratic Party of Japan and former secretary general, proposes that Yasukuni Shrine set up a separate shrine for the 14 Class-A war criminals enshrined there. (Asahi Shimbun)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?