Tuesday 15 May 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Makes Me Wonder by Maroon5.
In UK Beautiful Liar by Beyonce & Shakira was in the top 5 hits.
Mr. Brooks, directed by Bruce A. Evans, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 2007!
Which were the important events of 15 May 2007 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 May
- Jerry Falwell: Pastor of Thomas Road Baptist Church and Founder of Liberty University in Lynchburg, VA (Born 1933).
- Space Shuttle ''Atlantis'' rolls out to launchpad 39A at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida in preparation for the STS-117 mission to the International Space Station. The rollout is the second for the mission, as ''Atlantis'''s External Tank was damaged during a hailstorm on February 26, leading to the shuttle being rolled back to the Vehicle Assembly Building for repairs. (NASAspaceflight.com)
- Danish protesters clash with police in Copenhagen with the Little Mermaid being doused with red paint. The clashes followed the demolition of a building in the Freetown Christiania district. (CNN)
- Lt. Gen. Douglas Lute has been chosen to be President Bush's ampquotwar czar,ampquot overseeing the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. (ABC News)
- French Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin resigns. (The Globe and Mail)
- The United States Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice meets with the President of Russia Vladimir Putin. (Boston Globe)
- Canadian publisher The Thomson Corporation agrees to buy Reuters for £8.7 billion creating the world's biggest financial news and data group. (Reuters via CNN)
- The death toll for violence associated with the Philippine general election rises to 126. (AFP via News Limited)
- A bomb attack on a hotel in Peshawar, Pakistan, kills at least 24 people. (BBC)
- David Bain, who was convicted for murder in one of New Zealand's most controversial trials, is released on bail while awaiting a retrial following an appeal to the Privy Council in March. (The Press via stuff.co.nz)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?