Friday 15 May 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Up, directed by Pete Docter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 2009!
Which were the important events of 15 May 2009 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 May
- US President Barack Obama nominates Rosa Gumataotao Rios to be next US treasurer.
- General Motors will terminate 1,100 dealerships in the United States by October 2010. (CBS)
- The United States releases Lakhdar Boumediene from Guantánamo Bay Naval Base's detention center. (BBC)
- Sixty-five indigenous peoples declare an insurgency against Peru's government. (AFP via Google News)
- Shahid Malik resigns as the United Kingdom's Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Justice. (BBC)
- The Eurozone's 16 national economies contract by 2.5% throughout the first fiscal quarter of 2009. (BBC)
- A suicide attack kills three people in Grozny, Chechnya, Russia. (BBC)
- Demonstrators demand the resignation of Guatemalan President Álvaro Colom. (Sky News)
- Sudan accuses Chad of launching two air raids on its territory. (Reuters)
- The Central Bank of Nicaragua introduces new 10 and 20 Córdoba banknotes. (TIME)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?