Friday 15 November 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Show of Shows, directed by John G. Adolfi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 15 November 1929 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Edward Asner in Kansas City: Kansas, USA; actor (Lou Grant - Mary Tyler Moore Show, Lou Grant).
- Ed Asner: American actor.
- Asner : American film and TV actor who had a number of lean years before becoming a star with the character Lou Grant on the "Mary Tyler Moore Show," 1970-77 that segued into his own series, "Lou Grant," 1977-82, and "The Bronx Zoo," 1987-88.
- François Favreau: French Catholic clergyman, who has been Bishop Emeritus of Nanterre since 2002.
- Joe Hinton: American singer (d. 1968).
- Don Lurio: American-born Italian dancer, choreographer and presenter for the RAI, the Italian television station.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 November 1929 and get them!