Wednesday 15 November 1933
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Duck Soup, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 1933!
Which were the important events of 15 November 1933 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Jack Burns in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; comedian (Burns and Schreiber).
- Françoise Héritier: French anthropologist and successor to Claude Lévi-Strauss at the Collège de France (Chair of Comparative Studies of African Societies from 1982 to 1998, now emeritus professor).
- Barbara Carson in Memphis: Tennessee, USA; actress (Comedy Tonight, Carter Country).
- Gloria Foster: American actress (d. 2001).
- Theodore Roszak: American scholar and author (d. 2011).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 November 1933 and get them!