Wednesday 15 November 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Erik Hansen and Thalmus Rasulala [Jack Crowder] in Miami.
Another Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke II, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 1939!
Which were the important events of 15 November 1939 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Erik Hansen: Denmark -- 1K kayak (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Thalmus Rasulala [Jack Crowder] in Miami: Florida, USA; actor (Blacula, Roots).
- Rauni-Leena Luukanen: Finnish physician and writer she believes in extra-terrestrial life.
- Terry Bradbury: English footballer and manager.
- Rauni-Leena Luukanen-Kilde: Finnish physician and parapsychologist (d. 2015).
- Anti-German demonstrations in Czechoslovakia
- FDR lays cornerstone of Jefferson Memorial in Washington DC
- Nazis begin mass murder of Warsaw Jews
- Social Security Administration approves first unemployment check.
- In Washington, D.C., US President Franklin D. Roosevelt lays the cornerstone of the Jefferson Memorial.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?