Friday 15 November 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Letter, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 15 November 1940 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Tony Mendez: American CIA technical operations officer, now retired, who specialized in support of clandestine and covert CIA operations.
- Maurice Depalmas: French jockey, winner of the Arc de Triomphe in 1962 riding Soltikoff.
- Sam Waterston in Cambridge: Massachusetts, USA; actor (Law and Order, Capricorn One, Heaven's Gate).
- Sam Waterston: American actor of stage, television and film, onscreen since 1967, who made his reputation in the early ‘70s with sensitive performances in such films as "The Great Gatsby," 1974, "Rancho DeLuxe," 1975, "Heaven’s Gate," 1979 and "The Killing Fields," 1984, for which he was nominated for an Oscar.
- Michel De Bonnecorse: French senior official and diplomat.
- Wolfgang Zimmerer: German bobsledder from the late 1960s to the mid-1970s. Participating in two Winter Olympics as a member of the West German team, he won a total of four medals, with one gold (Two-man: 1972), one silver (Two-man: 1976), and two bronzes (Four-man: 1972, 1976).
- Carl Thorne: American petroleum engineer and CEO of Energy Services, a hodgepodge of oil services and equipment. Installed with the company from 1985, Thorne spearheaded a drive for the purchase of a drilling company, selling most of the land rigs and keeping the offshore rigs. He is a college graduate from the U. of Texas with a BS degree in Petroleum Engineering and a JD law degree from Baylor in 1967.
- Roberto Cavalli: Italian fashion designer
- Ulf Pilgaard: Danish actor and screenwriter
- Hank Wangford: English singer-songwriter guitarist and physician
- 1st 75,000 men called to armed forces duty during peacetime
- 1st black to sign hockey contract-Arthur Dorrington and AC Seagulls
- New York Midtown tunnel linking Manhattan and Queens opens to traffic
- First 75,000 men called to armed forces duty during peacetime in US.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?