Monday 15 November 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Falcon and the Co-eds, directed by William Clemens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 1943!
Which were the important events of 15 November 1943 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roger Donaldson: Director (Cocktail, Cadillac Man, White Sands).
- Holocaust: German SS leader Heinrich Himmler orders that Gypsies are to be put ''on the same level as Jews and placed in concentration camps''. (see Porajmos)
- WWII: After flying from Britain, 160 American bombers strike a hydro-electric power facility and heavy water factory in German-controlled Vemork, Norway.
- WWII: A Japanese submarine sinks the surfaced U.S. submarine ''USS Corvina'' near Truk.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?