Thursday 15 November 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anni-Frid ''Frida'' Lyngstad and Anni-Frid Lyngstad.
The Lost Weekend, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 1945!
Which were the important events of 15 November 1945 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Anni-Frid ''Frida'' Lyngstad: Norwegian born, Swedish singer (ABBA).
- Anni-Frid Lyngstad: Norwegian-born Swedish pop and jazz singer.
- Bob Gunton: American actor.
- Frida Lyngstad: Pop Singer.
- Roger Donaldson: Australian-New Zealand director producer and screenwriter.
- Ferdi Tayfur: Turkish singer-songwriter and actor
- Frank Chapman: American ornithologist photographer and author (d. 1945).
- The rules are revised for election of modern players to the Hall of
- Venezuela joins the United Nations.
- Harry S. Truman, Clement Attlee, and Mackenzie King call for a U.N. Atomic Energy Commission.ref name=quotnuclearfiles1940quot/
- Cold War: The United States controversially imports 88 German scientists to help in the production of rocket technology.
- The motion picture ''The Lost Weekend'', starring Ray Milland, is released. The most realistic film portrayal of alcoholism up to that time, it wins several Oscars in the following year.
- Yeshiva College is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- No Can Do - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Don't Forget Tonight Tomorrow - Frank Sinatra
- Peggy Lee - Waitin' for the Train to Come In
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?