Thursday 15 November 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Lost Weekend, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 1945!
Which were the important events of 15 November 1945 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Anni-Frid ''Frida'' Lyngstad: Norwegian born, Swedish singer (ABBA).
- Bob Gunton: American actor.
- Frida Lyngstad: Pop Singer.
- Anni-Frid Lyngstad: Norwegian-born Swedish pop and jazz singer.
- Roger Donaldson: Australian-New Zealand director producer and screenwriter.
- Ferdi Tayfur: Turkish singer-songwriter and actor
- Frank Chapman: American ornithologist photographer and author (d. 1945).
- The rules are revised for election of modern players to the Hall of
- Venezuela joins the United Nations.
- Harry S. Truman, Clement Attlee, and Mackenzie King call for a U.N. Atomic Energy Commission.ref name=quotnuclearfiles1940quot/
- Cold War: The United States controversially imports 88 German scientists to help in the production of rocket technology.
- The motion picture ''The Lost Weekend'', starring Ray Milland, is released. The most realistic film portrayal of alcoholism up to that time, it wins several Oscars in the following year.
- Yeshiva College is founded.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Peggy Lee - Waitin' for the Train to Come In
- No Can Do - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Don't Forget Tonight Tomorrow - Frank Sinatra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 November 1945 and get them!