Thursday 15 November 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Fixed Bayonets!, directed by Samuel Fuller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 1951!
Which were the important events of 15 November 1951 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Beverly D'Angelo: American actress best known for playing "Ellen Griswold" in the National Lampoon "Vacation" series.
- Dave Zelmon: Rocker.
- Billy McColl: Scottish-English actor (d. 2014).
- Joe Puerta: American singer and bass player (Ambrosia).
- New York Yankee Gil McDougald wins AL Rookie of Year
- Greek resistance leader Nikos Beloyannis, along with 11 resistance members, is sentenced to death by the court-martial.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?