Tuesday 15 November 1955
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Autumn Leaves by Roger Williams.
In UK Hernando's Hideaway by Johnston Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Diabolique, directed by H.G. Clouzot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 1955!
Which were the important events of 15 November 1955 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Oliver Conant in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Summer of '42).
- Georgie Born: English academic, anthropologist and musician (Henry Cow).
- Henry Corra: American documentarian.
- Buck Adams: American porn actor and director (d. 2008).
- Lloyd Bacon: Director (Fuller Brush Girl, 42nd Street), dies at 65.
- Poland andYugoslavia sign trade agreement
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1955 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?