Monday 15 November 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Theme From Shaft by Isaac Hayes.
In UK Coz I Luv You by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
Bedknobs and Broomsticks, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 1971!
Which were the important events of 15 November 1971 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Martin Pieckenhagen: German footballer.
- Jay Harrington: American actor, who portrayed Steve in American TV’s "Coupling" a show that was cut after 4 episodes.
- Natalia Medvedeva: Kiev, Ukraine -- Tennis star (1993 Prague Essen).
- Rohan Robinson: Australian hurdler (1996 Olympics).
- Rudolf Abel: Soviet intelligence officer (d. 1971).
- Intel advertises 4004-processor
- Intel releases world's first commercial single-chip microprocessor, the 4004.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1971 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 November 1971 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?