Thursday 15 November 2001
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Family Affair by Mary J. Blige.
In UK Because I Got High by Afroman was in the top 5 hits.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, directed by Chris Columbus, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while Desecration: Antichrist Takes the Throne by Tim LaHaye, Jerry B. Jenkins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2001.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 2001!
Which were the important events of 15 November 2001 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Microsoft launches the Xbox video game system in North America. Price is US$299. The system features four controller ports, one controller, 8 GB hard drive, 733 MHz Intel main processor, 250 MHz NVidia XGP graphics processor, 64 MB RAM, 3D audio support, Ethernet port, broadband Internet connection. Games come on dual-layer DVD-ROM discs that can store 9 GB of data. The system can also play DVD movies. 500,000 units are sold in the first seven days; 1.5 million in the first month.
- The Xbox was released in the United States
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2001 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?