Saturday 15 November 2003
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Be Faithful by Fatman Scoop featuring The Crooklyn Clan was in the top 5 hits.
Timeline, directed by Richard Donner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The South Beach Diet by Arthur Agatston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 2003!
Which were the important events of 15 November 2003 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 November
- The first day of the 2003 Istanbul Bombings, in which two car bombs, targeting two synagogues, explode, killing 25 people and wounding about 300. Additional bombings follow on November 20.
- U.S. President George W. Bush makes a state visit to London in the midst of massive protests.
- The Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court, in Goodridge v. Department of Public Health, rules anti-same-sex marriage laws unconstitutional in Massachusetts.
- In Louisiana, conservative Democrat Kathleen Blanco defeats Republican Bobby Jindal to become the first woman in that state to be elected governor. Jindal is the son of immigrants from India.
- One hundred thousand people of various organisations demonstrate in Paris on occasion of the last day of the European Social Forum
- Occupation of Iraq:
- Iraq's Governing Council announces that sovereignty is to be restored to Iraq in June 2004, with full elections to be held in 2005.
- One U.S. soldier is killed and two are injured in a roadside blast in northern Baghdad.
- Former United Kingdom Foreign Secretary Robin Cook expresses puzzlement as to why George W. Bush should have been invited for a state visit to the UK.
- Police in Hebei province, People's Republic of China, arrest a suspected serial killer alleged to have killed at least 65 people.
- In Saint-Nazaire, France, 15 people, including 2 children, die and 32 are injured or missing when a gangway falls off the ''Queen Mary 2'' cruise ship, which has just finished construction.
- 2003 Rugby Union World Cup: In the semi-finals Australia defeats New Zealand by 22 points to 10 to win a place in next weekend's final.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?