Saturday 15 November 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
Twilight, directed by Catherine Hardwicke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 2008!
Which were the important events of 15 November 2008 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 November
- In Washington, D.C., leaders of the "G20" nations, representing 90 percent of global GDP, meet for an economic summit, for the first time ever.
- Over 1 million people in 300 cities protest the passing of California's Proposition 8. (USAToday)
- At least 12 miners die in mine explosions in Petrila, Romania. (ABC)
- The G20 meets in Washington, D.C. to discuss responses to the current economic crisis. (BBC News)
- Mission STS-126 commences with the launch of Space Shuttle ''Endeavour''. The spacecraft will deliver equipment required to increase the crew capacity of the International Space Station from three to six members. (NASA)
- Israel shuts down Gaza border crossings after Qassam rockets are launched toward Israel in breach of an armistice. (ABC)
- A fiery bus-truck collision in Burkina Faso kills at least 60 people. (CNN)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?