Sunday 15 September 1907
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Bailey and Gunnar Ekelof.
El grito de Dolores o La independencia de México, directed by Felipe de Jesús Haro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1907!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1907 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Jack Bailey: Hampton, Iowa -- TV host (Queen for a Day).
- Gunnar Ekelof: Swedish poet and writer (d. 1968).
- Fay Wray: American actress, most noted for her role as the female lead in "King Kong.
- Gunnar Ekelöf: Swedish poet and author (d. 1968).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1907 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Harrigan - Billy Murray
- Waiting at the Church (My Wife Won't Let Me) - Vesta Victoria
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1907?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?