Tuesday 15 September 1908
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gerd Gaiser and Fred Adison.
Gans-Nelson Fight, directed by Joe Gans, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1908.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1908!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1908 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Gerd Gaiser: German writer (Ship in the Mountain).
- Fred Adison: French musician, singer and jazz conductor.
- Kid Sheik: American trumpet player (Preservation Hall Jazz Band) (d. 1996).
- Penny Singleton: American actress and singer (d. 2003).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Cuddle Up a Little Closer, Lovey Mine - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- I've Taken Quite a Fancy to You - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?