Friday 15 September 1916
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frederick C Weyand and Margaret Lockwood.
The Mutiny of the Bounty, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1916!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1916 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Frederick C Weyand: Former U.S.
- Margaret Lockwood: British actress born in India, noted for her performances on stage and in film.
- Frederick Weyand: American military who rose to the ranks of General and was commander of US forces in Vietnam during the final year of the war.
- Isidore Edouard Legouix: Composer, dies at 82.
- 1st tank used in war, Little Willies at Battle of Flors, France
- World War I: Tanks are used for the first time in battle, at the Battle of the Somme.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 September 1916
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Through These Wonderful Glasses of Mine - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- The Honolulu Blues - Peerless Quartet
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?