Sunday 15 September 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Auriol and Athol Rusden.
The Craving, directed by Francis Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1918!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1918 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Paul Auriol: French public administrator, son of president Vincent Auriol (in office 1947 - 1954) and husband of famous jet pilot Jacqueline Auriol.
- Athol Rusden: New Zealand seafarer who titled his autobiography "Rascal of the South Pacific.
- Nipsey Russell: American comedian (d. 2005).
- Alfred Chandler: Jr.
- Phil Lamason: New Zealand soldier and pilot (d. 2012).
- Margot Loyola: Chilean singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2015)
- CH Chubb gives Stonehenge to English state
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Daughter of Rosie O'Grady - Lewis James
- When Alexander Takes His Ragtime Band to France - Marion Harris
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?