Thursday 15 September 1921
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
The Ace of Hearts, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1921.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1921!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1921 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Sergio Bruni: Italian popular singer, guitarist, and songwriter, who was often called "The Voice of Naples".
- Richard Gordon: English surgeon and author.
- Norma MacMillan: Canadian actress (d. 2001).
- Snooky Pryor: American harmonica player (d. 2006).
- Gene Roland: American pianist and composer (d. 1982).
- Jan Frank Fischer: Composer
- Pope Benedictus XV publishes encyclical Alcohol Paraclitus
- WBZ-AM in Boston MA begins radio transmissions
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tea Leaves - Nora Bayes
- Peggy O'Neil - Charles Harrison
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?