Tuesday 15 September 1925
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Forrest Compton in Reading and Erika Koth.
The Circle, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1925!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1925 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Forrest Compton in Reading: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Gomer Pyle USMC, Edge of Night).
- Erika Koth: German soprano opera singer who made her debut at Kaiserslautern in 1948.
- Edwin Kachan: American athlete, he played pro basketball for one season in 1948.
- Carlo Rambaldi: Italian artist whose greatest fame came with the technical creation of creatures in film making.
- Stanley Chapman: British architect, designer, translator and writer (Born 1925).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Cheatin' on Me - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
- Everything is Hotsy Totsy Now - Gene Austin
- Yes Sir, That's My Baby - Blossom Seeley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?