Sunday 15 September 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Great Divide, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1929 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Murray Gell-Mann: American physicist and linguist.
- Johannes Dyba: German ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Cardinal.
- Michel Péricard: French politician, former journalist and former mayor of St. Germain-en-Laye, who died on 2 February 1999.
- Eva Burrows: Australian 13th General of The Salvation Army (d. 2015).
- Stan Kelly-Bootle: English singer-songwriter computer scientist and author (d. 2014).
- Dick Latessa: American actor
- John Norwich: English historian and author
- Mümtaz Soysal: Turkish academic and politician 30th Turkish Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Sara Amsel: Indon / Dutch actress / Wife of Carel van Hoisted, dies at 58.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?