Monday 15 September 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Nicolet and Pierino Baffi.
Madam Satan, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1930 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Claude Nicolet: French historian specializing in ancient Rome, its institutions and political ideas.
- Pierino Baffi: France sport Champion.
- Andre Drille: France sport Champion.
- Endel Lippmaa: Estonian physicist and academic (d. 2015).
- Milton Sills: American actor and screenwriter (d. 1930).
- 1st International bridge match is held in London. US team defeats England
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1930 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Star Dust - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?