Friday 15 September 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Private Life of Henry VIII., directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1933!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1933 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Gerard Pilet: France sport Champion.
- Gérard Pilet: French champion tennis player.
- Henry Darrow: American actor.
- Rafael de Burgos: Spanish conductor and composer (d. 2014).
- Monica Maughan: Tongan-Australian actress (d. 2010).
- Petra Schürmann: German actress model TV announcer beauty queen and Miss World 1956 (d. 2010)
- Henry Darrow in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Harry O, New Dick Van Dyke Show).
- John Teets: American executive and CEO of Greyhound Dial, a consumer goods conglomerate. After attending Elgin State, Teets pursued a career in food service. Taking the helm in 1981, he has given the company a new name, flashy new headquarters, but still fights the same old problem of making the consumer-goods conglomerate work. He sold off the struggling bus line in 1987 keeping 23% of its holdings to use as a tax write-off and is still struggling with the company's big real estate portfolio. To stay in sh
- Rafael Fruhbeck de Burgos: Spanish conductor
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?