Saturday 15 September 1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hans-Gert Pottering and Muqrin bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.
State Fair, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1945 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Hans-Gert Pottering: German politician, President of the European Parliament.
- Muqrin bin Abdulaziz Al Saud: Saudi Arabian prince.
- Carmen Maura: Spanish actress.
- Jessye Norman: United States -- Opera singer (Carmen).
- Hans-Gert Pöttering: German lawyer and politician 23rd President of the European Parliament.
- Ron Shelton: American director producer and screenwriter
- A hurricane in southern Florida and the Bahamas destroys 366 planes and 25 blimps at NAS Richmond.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1945 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?