Wednesday 15 September 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include 7th Marquess of Bristol and Hrant Dink.
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Sabrina, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Studio 57.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1954 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- 7th Marquess of Bristol: English large landowner / multi-millionaire.
- Hrant Dink: Turkish-Armenian newspaper editor (Born 1954).
- Black Wednesday in air travel
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 September 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?