Sunday 15 September 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fulton Peter Allem and Marco Carena.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
Woman in a Dressing Gown, directed by J. Lee Thompson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Maverick.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1957!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1957 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Fulton Peter Allem: Kroonstad, South Africa -- PGA golfer (1993 SW Bell).
- Marco Carena: Italian singer in the rock and alternative music genres.
- Bachelor Father with John Forsythe premieres
- Adenauers CDU wins parliamentary election in West Germany
- San Francisco Seals (Pacific Coast League) play their last game.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 September 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Nat King Cole - Send For Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?