Monday 15 September 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare) by Domenico Modugno.
In UK When by The Kalin Twins was in the top 5 hits.
Pather Panchali, directed by Satyajit Ray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1958!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1958 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Joel Quenneville: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Wendie Sperber: American comedian and actress who began her career on stage, expanding to movies.
- Know: American guitarist (Bad Brains).
- Dr Know: American guitarist (Bad Brains).
- Wendie Jo Sperber: American actress (d. 2005).
- 48 die in a train crash in Elizabethport, New Jersey
- Commuter train crashes through drawbridge, killing 48 (Newark, New Jersey).
- A Central Railroad of New Jersey commuter train runs through an open drawbridge at the Newark Bay, killing 58.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- The Elegants - Little Star
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Poni-Tails - Born Too Late
- The Olympics - Western Movies
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?