Sunday 15 September 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Boyfriend's Back by The Angels.
In UK She Loves You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
X: The Man with the X-Ray Eyes, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1963!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1963 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Gennaro Matecena: Italian politician, a Member of Parliament supported by the Forza Italia Party.
- Pete Myers: American basketball player and coach.
- Fred Hillebrand: Actor (Martin Kane), dies at 69.
- 4 children killed in bombing of a black Baptist church in Birmingham
- Alou brothers-Felipe, Matty, and Jesus-appear in SF outfield for 1 inn
- Ben Bella elected 1st President of Algeria
- WNTV TV channel 29 in Greenville, SC (PBS) begins broadcasting
- The 16th Street Baptist Church bombing: Four children killed at an African-American church in Birmingham, Alabama, United States
- Malaysia is formed through the merging of the Federation of Malaya and the British crown colony of Singapore, North Borneo (renamed Sabah) and Sarawak.
- In Fort-Lamy, Chad, demonstrations are quelled with 300 dead.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- The Crystals - Then He Kissed Me
- The Beach Boys - Surfer Girl
- Major Lance - The Monkey Time
- The Jaynetts - Sally, Go 'Round The Roses
- Inez Foxx - Mockingbird
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?