Friday 15 September 1967
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dexter Carter and Jerry Dixon.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ode To Billie Joe by Bobbie Gentry.
In UK The Last Waltz by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
The Battle of Algiers, directed by Gillo Pontecorvo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Carol Burnett Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1967!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1967 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Dexter Carter: NFL running back (SF 49ers).
- Jerry Dixon: heavy metal bassist (Warrant-Cherry Pie).
- Sari Kaasinen: Finnish singer.
- Christiano Donaggio: Italian noted family, the son of singer Pino Donaggio.
- Paul Abbott: American baseball player and coach.
- KPOB TV channel 15 in Poplar Bluff, MO (ABC) begins broadcasting
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 September 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- Aretha Franklin - Baby I Love You
- The Temptations - You're My Everything
- Jay and the Techniques - Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- Eric Burdon and the Animals - San Franciscan Nights
- Wilson Pickett - Funky Broadway
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?