Wednesday 15 September 1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chad Bratzke and Crystal McLaurin-Coney.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Go Away Little Girl by Donny Osmond.
In UK Hey Girl Don't Bother Me by The Tams was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Haunted Himself, directed by Basil Dearden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Boy from Space.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1971!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1971 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Chad Bratzke: NFL defensive end (New York Giants).
- Crystal McLaurin-Coney: Miss USA-North Carolina (1997).
- Myron Bell: NFL safety (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Will Shields: NFL guard (KC Chiefs).
- Nathan Astle: New Zealand cricketer and coach.
- Josh Charles: American actor and director
- Wayne Ferreira: Johannesburg, South Africa -- Tennis star (Munich 1995)
- Ben Wallers: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Country Teasers)
- 1st broadcast of Columbo on NBC-TV
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 September 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- Rare Earth - I Just Want To Celebrate
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- Dramatics - Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?