Sunday 15 September 1974
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Shot The Sheriff by Eric Clapton.
In UK Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas was in the top 5 hits.
Amarcord, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1974!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1974 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
Famous Birthdays:15 September
- Market Square Arena in Indianapolis opens
- Sandra Haynie wins LPGA Charity Golf Classic
- Air Vietnam flight 727 is hijacked, then crashes while attempting to land with 75 on board.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Eric Clapton - I Shot The Sheriff
- Paul Anka - (You're) Having My Baby
- Andy Kim - Rock Me Gently
- Donny and Marie Osmond - I'm Leaving It (All) Up To You
- Barry White - Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe
- Billy Preston - Nothing From Nothing
- Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
- Dionne Warwicke - Then Came You
- Helen Reddy - You And Me Against The World
- The Guess Who - Clap For The Wolfman
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?