Tuesday 15 September 1981
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Endless Love by Diana Ross.
In UK Tainted Love by Soft Cell was in the top 5 hits.
The French Lieutenant's Woman, directed by Karel Reisz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Cujo by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1981!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1981 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 September
- Pope John Paul II publishes encyclical Laborem exercens against capitalism / marxism
- The John Bull becomes the oldest operable steam locomotive in the world when the Smithsonian Institution operates it under its own power outside Washington, D.C.
- Vanuatu becomes a member of the United Nations.
- The Senate Judiciary Committee unanimously approves Sandra Day O'Connor to become the first female justice of the Supreme Court of the United States
- The ''John Bull'' becomes the oldest operable steam locomotive in the world, at 150 years old, when it operates under its own power outside Washington, DC.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- Juice Newton - Queen Of Hearts
- Stevie Nicks - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
- Foreigner - Urgent
- Ronnie Milsap - (There's) No Gettin' Over Me
- Journey - Who's Crying Now
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Commodores - Lady (You Bring Me Up)
- Eddie Rabbitt - Step By Step
- Pointer Sisters - Slow Hand
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?