Monday 15 September 1986
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cristina Chiabotto and Jenna Marbles.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Stuck With You by Huey Lewis & The News.
In UK Don't Leave Me This Way by The Communards was in the top 5 hits.
Down by Law, directed by Jim Jarmusch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while It by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Crime Story.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Double Dribble or Hottāman no Chitei Tanken.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1986!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1986 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Cristina Chiabotto: Italian TV presenter, model and showgirl, who works as a TV presenter on the Juventus Channel.
- Jenna Marbles: YouTube Star.
- Heidi Pratt: Reality Star.
- George Watsky: Rapper.
- Poppy Delevingne: Model.
- Virginia Gregg: Actress (Little Women), dies at 69.
- 1st broadcast of LA Law on NBC-TV
- Bomb attack in Paris, 1 dead
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Huey Lewis & The News - Stuck With You
- Lionel Richie - Dancing On The Ceiling
- Gloria Loring & Carl Anderson - Friends And Lovers
- Berlin - Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From Top Gun)
- Miami Sound Machine - Words Get In The Way
- Run-D.M.C. - Walk This Way
- Bananarama - Venus
- Glass Tiger - Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)
- Daryl Hall - Dreamtime
- Regina - Baby Love
Top #5 songs in the UK
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?