Tuesday 15 September 1987
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Austen and Troydan .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Just Can't Stop Loving You by Michael Jackson.
In UK Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley was in the top 5 hits.
Hellraiser, directed by Clive Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Patriot Games by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Black Adder the Third.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Heavy Barrel or Invade-a-Load.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1987.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1987!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1987 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Tom Austen: TV Actor.
- Troydan : Twitch Star.
- Aly Cissokho: French footballer.
- Clare Maguire: English singer-songwriter.
- United States Secretary of State George Shultz and Soviet Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze sign a treaty to establish centers to reduce the risk of nuclear war.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - I Just Can't Stop Loving You
- Whitney Houston - Didn't We Almost Have It All
- Los Lobos - La Bamba
- Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
- ABC - When Smokey Sings
- Huey Lewis & The News - Doing It All For My Baby
- Dan Hill - Can't We Try
- Bananarama - I Heard A Rumour
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Lost In Emotion
- Grateful Dead - Touch Of Grey
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?