Friday 15 September 2006
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters was in the top 5 hits.
The Lives of Others, directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Captain Underpants and the Preposterous Plight of the Purple Potty People by Dav Pilke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 2006!
Which were the important events of 15 September 2006 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 September
- Spinach contaminated with E. coli kills one person and poisons over 100 others in 20 states of the United States.
- The U.S. State Department's annual report on religious freedom criticizes the governments of Uzbekistan, Iran and China for increasing repression while noting improvement in the practices of the governments of Saudi Arabia, Sudan and Vietnam. (Voice of America)
- Taliban insurgency: The Afghan security forces have retaken a district headquarters in the western Farah province after a short Taliban occupation. (BBC)
- Yemen foils two attempts by four suicide bombers to attack two oil refineries, Al Jazeera reports. (Reuters)
- Tarcisio Bertone becomes new Cardinal Secretary of State of the Holy See, and Archbishop Dominique Mamberti is named new Secretary for Relations with States (foreign minister). At the same time, Angelo Sodano retires after sixteen years as Cardinal Secretary of State.
- Close to half a million people stage a march in Taipei to demand the resignation of President Chen Shui-Bian. (CNN)
- UPN network shuts down, marking the first time in 50 years a United States broadcast television network ceased broadcasting.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?