Tuesday 15 September 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Jennifer's Body, directed by Karyn Kusama, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching MyDestination.TV.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Baldr Sky or Lego Rock Band.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 2009!
Which were the important events of 15 September 2009 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 September
- The Red-Green Coalition of Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg is elected for another term in the Norwegian parliamentary election. (''Financial Times'')
- At least 38 people are killed in flash floods in North Sumatra, Indonesia. (RTÉ)
- Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke says the worst U.S. recession since the 1930s has likely ended, while warning that growth may not be strong enough to quickly reduce the unemployment rate. (Bloomberg)
- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev accuses the United States of ampquotblockingampquot Russia's accession to the World Trade Organization. (CNN)
- A United Nations report into the Gaza War alleges both Israeli and Palestinian forces committed war crimes. (Al Jazeera)
- EirGrid, Ireland's national electricity grid operator, receives permission from An Bord Pleanála to build a new electricity interconnector between Ireland and Wales. (RTÉ)
- Gabonese firefighters battle a blaze at the heart of Libreville as fire consumes the nation's largest market. (IOL)
- Republic of the Congo's re-elected President Denis Sassou Nguesso names his new government, abolishing the controversial post of Prime Minister and replacing the nation's oil minister. (IOL)
- In a televised debate, Madagascar's Prime Minister Monja Roindefo accuses the international community of betraying President Andry Rajoelina and warns the island risks being ampquottorn into fiefdoms ruled by warlordsampquot. (IOL)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?