Monday 16 April 1934
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Tarzan and His Mate, directed by Cedric Gibbons, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1934!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1934 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Michael Jackson: British-American radio and TV show host and journalist with reports from 1963.
- Geoffrey Owen: British editor (Financial Times).
- Richard Kenshaw: British broadcaster.
- : Chilean cartoonist (d. 2012).
- Brian Peppiatt: joint CEO (SG Warburg Securities).
- Robert Stigwood: Australian music entrepreneur and impresario, a producer who was instrumental in establishing the careers of recording artists such as Eric Clapton, Mick Jagger, Rod Stewart and David Bowie. Stigwood became the first independent record producer in the United Kingdom when he released the John Leyton hit, "Johnny Remember Me."
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 April 1934 and get them!