Sunday 16 April 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John DeLaFose and Margaretha de.
Dark Victory, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1939 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- John DeLaFose: Zydeco Musician.
- Margaretha de: Boer; Dutch minister (PvdA).
- Reinier Lucassen: Dutch painter (Kuifje contra James Union).
- Donald MacCormick: Scottish broadcast journalist.
- Laurent Verbiest: Belgium sport Champion.
- Dusty Springfield: Pop Singer
- John Amabile: American football player and coach (d. 2012)
- John Delafose: American accordion player (d. 1994)
- Boris Dvornik: Croatian actor (d. 2008)
- Stalin requests British, French and Russian anti-Nazi pact
- Stanley Cup: Boston Bruins beat Toronto Maple Leafs, 4 games to 1.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 April 1939
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?