Tuesday 16 April 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1940 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Margrethe II: Royalty.
- Benoit Bouchard: Canadian politician.
- Benoît Bouchard: Canadian academic and politician 18th Canadian Minister of Transport.
- Margaret Maden: English academic.
- Thomas Stonor: 7th Baron Camoys English banker and politician Lord Chamberlain of the United Kingdom.
- Joan Snyder: American artist, a painter.
- Margrethe: Danish royal family, the Queen of Denmark, an artist and archaeologist. The oldest daughter of King Frederick IX who had no sons, she became heir apparent in 1953 upon her father's death, 1/15/1972, making her the queen of Denmark at age 32. Her succession was contingent upon the vote of the citizens of Denmark to change their constitution's provision for male only succession.
- Garry Roggenburk: American baseball player, a pitcher with the Minnesota Twins (1963, 1965-1967), Boston Red Sox (1967-1969) and Seattle Pilots (1969).
- Paul Cox: Actor (Exile, Golden Braid, Touch Me)
- Queen Margrethe: II of Denmark
- Stephen Lawrence Pruslin: Composer
- Lord Camoys: deputy CEO (Barclays de Zoete Wedd).
- 1st televised baseball game, WGN-TV, (White Sox vs. Cubs exhibition)
- Cleveland Indians' Bob Feller hurls an opening day no-hitter versus Chicago, 1-0.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?