Sunday 16 April 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dennis Russell Davies and Richard Bradshaw.
Buffalo Bill, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1944!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1944 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Dennis Russell Davies: Composer.
- Richard Bradshaw: British opera conductor.
- Manuel Benza Pflucker: Peruvian Sociologist, professor, politician and journalist, belonging to the Christian left.
- Anne Van Hout: Belgian writer and neuropsychiatrist specialized in children.
- Sue Clifford: English environmentalist and academic co-founded Common Ground.
- Allied forces started bombing of Belgrade, killing about 1,100 people. This bombing fell on the Orthodox Christian Easter.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1944 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'll Get By (As Long As I Have You) - Harry James & His Orchestra (Vocal Dick Haymes)
- Bing Crosby - I Love You
- It's Love-Love-Love - Four King Sisters
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?