Monday 16 April 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stefan Grossman in New York City and Goran Antunac.
The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1945!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1945 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Stefan Grossman in New York City: New York, USA; country blues singer ("Yazoo Basin Boogie").
- Goran Antunac: in Yugoslavia; International Chess Master (1975).
- Michel Denisot: French journalist, producer, TV host and director of a football club and television.
- Hummie Tonnekreek: Dutch editor-in-chief of a gossip magazine in the Netherlands.
- Tom Allen: American lawyer and politician.
- Sebastian Barker: English poet and journalist (d. 2014)
- Red Army begins Battle of Berlin
- US troops enter Nuremberg, Germany, during WWII
- German troops in Groningen surrender.
- The United States Army liberates Nazi Sonderlager (high security) prisoner-of-war camp Oflag IV-C (better known as Colditz).
- The Red Army begins the final assault on German forces around Berlin, with nearly one million troops fighting in the Battle of the Seelow Heights.
- More than 7,000 die when the German refugee ship Goya is sunk by a Soviet submarine torpedo.
- April 16 ndash WWII: The Canadians take Harlingen, and occupies Leeuwarden and Groningen
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1945 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Laura - Jerry Wald & His Orchestra
- Just a Prayer Away - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- All of My Life - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- My Dreams are Getting Better All the Time - Johnny Long & His Orchestra
- Woody Herman & His Orchestra - Laura
- Just a Prayer Away - Bing Crosby with Ethel Smith (Organ)
- Freddy Martin & His Orchestra - Dream
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?