Friday 16 April 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Devlin and Gonzalo Peña Tamez.
Paisan, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Barney Blake, Police Reporter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1948!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1948 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Mark Devlin: American writer, the author of "Stubborn Child: A Memoir.
- Gonzalo Peña Tamez: Mexican pro astrologer and former scientist, seen on Mexican TV and published frequently in Mexico and South America.
- Martin Siegel: American attorney with a dazzling career until he crashed in a scandal of fraud and graft.
- Reg Alcock: Canadian businessman and politician 17th Canadian President of the Treasury Board (d. 2011).
- Ammar Sherei: Egyptian accordion player composer and academic (d. 2012).
- Lynne Franks: British public relations consultant
- Kazuyuki Sogabe: Japanese voice actor and guitarist (d. 2006)
- Organization for European Economic Cooperation (EEC) forms in Paris, France.
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development is founded as the OEEC.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1948 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- You Can't Be True, Dear - Ken Griffin (Organ) (Vocal Jerry Wayne)
- Dick Haymes - Little White Lies
- St. Louis Blues March - Tex Beneke & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?