Friday 16 April 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Paisan, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1948!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1948 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Martin Siegel: American attorney with a dazzling career until he crashed in a scandal of fraud and graft.
- Reg Alcock: Canadian businessman and politician 17th Canadian President of the Treasury Board (d. 2011).
- Ammar Sherei: Egyptian accordion player composer and academic (d. 2012).
- Lynne Franks: British public relations consultant.
- Kazuyuki Sogabe: Japanese voice actor and guitarist (d. 2006).
- Gonzalo Peña Tamez: Mexican pro astrologer and former scientist, seen on Mexican TV and published frequently in Mexico and South America.
- Mark Devlin: American writer, the author of "Stubborn Child: A Memoir." His story is not just an American tragedy but a universal one. Beaten by his dad as a little kid, by age seven he was institutionalized as a "stubborn child." When his mom first had him committed it was under an old statute that has since been taken off the law books. Incorrigible, he lied and stole, spending half his life in and out of various juvenile lockups and detention houses, bewildered and confused as to why he was a "bad boy."
- Organization for European Economic Cooperation (EEC) forms in Paris, France.
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development is founded as the OEEC.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1948 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- You Can't Be True, Dear - Ken Griffin (Organ) (Vocal Jerry Wayne)
- Dick Haymes - Little White Lies
- St. Louis Blues March - Tex Beneke & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 April 1948 and get them!