Wednesday 16 April 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Westbrook and Michel Blanc.
The Man in the White Suit, directed by Alexander Mackendrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Broadway Television Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1952!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1952 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Peter Westbrook: St. Louis, Missouri -- US fencer (1988, 92, 96 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Michel Blanc: French actor and director noted for playing losers and hypochondriacs (in "Les Bronzés"), but also more serious roles like "Mr Hire".
- Billy West: Actor (Jimmy the Gent, Jealousy), dies at 82.
- Bill Belichick: American football coach.
- David Hann: American politician.
- 4 Saints in 3 Acts opens at Broadway Theater NYC for 15 performances
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 April 1952
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?