Monday 16 April 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK The Poor People Of Paris by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
The Swan, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1956 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- David Brown: America astronaut: David M. Brown – Mission Specialist; Captain USN; Space Shuttle Columbia.
- David McDowell Brown: American astronaut (d. 2003).
- Marty Dickerson in Middletown: Ohio, USA; golfer (1994 ShopRite Classic-22nd).
- David M Brown in Arlington: Virginia, USA; Commander US Navy/astronaut.
- T Lavitz: American keyboard player composer and producer (Dixie Dregs Jazz Is Dead and Widespread Panic) (d. 2010).
- Lise-Marie Morerod: Swiss skier
- Carlos Boton: Brazilian astrologer
- Catherine Colonna: French diplomat and political figure, the current Ambassador of France to Italy since 14 August 2014.
- 1st solar powered radios go on sale
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?